Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Keira Knightley Makeup Tutorial- Bronze eye (day)


Evening

This is insanely late. I know. So let's get right to it. I did a version of this for DAY (read, less dramatic). If you want full effect, stay tuned for the next tutorial. Keira often wears a bronze eye and it's very attractive without being over the top. The version we did for today is appropriate for work or other daily activities, but it's still fun.

Products used:
Stila illuminating finishing powder- bronze
Stila illuminating finishing powder- rose gold
Day
Stila convertible eye color- Teak
Mascara- Clinique bottom lash mascara and Dior Show


For the record, I couldn't find my Dior Show until after I'd already done the tutorial, so I had to use a really old tube. This resulted in reallyyy scraggly eyelashes that aren't very nice. When you do it yourself, use a nice tube and apply a few coats. I also had left my Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on the other side of the state, but it works much better than the standard mascara I used for the pictures.




First, apply a light, champagne-ish shade across the entire lid, from lash to brow. I used Stila Illuminating Powder in Rose Gold


Next, apply a bronze (Stila- Bronze) shadow from lash line to crease

Lastly (for shadow) apply a dark brown (Stila- Teak) in the outside corners and in the crease. Blend well

Add a brown liner from the outside corner to the inside corner. Start with a wider line at the outside corners and taper it in as you come toward the inner corners. I used Stila convertible eye shadow in Teak. This little pen is AWESOME! It comes with a liner, coordinating eyeshadow and a smudger all in one little tool. You can use it for the dark shadow and the liner. Smudge the eyeliner after applying with a smudger.


Now add the same liner to the bottom lash line and smudge


Lastly, two coats of mascara on top on one on the lower lash line


Below you'll find more pictures from various angles in case the look isn't totally clear. Enjoy and check back for the EVENING version.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)