Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY- Pumpkin (Facial) Mask (Pumpkin-fest Part 1)

I love pumpkin. I'm not ashamed. John gets annoyed at how EVERYTHING between September and November includes pumpkin... lattes, dessert, soup... everything. But I don't mind one bit! Pumpkin is excellent for your body AND your taste buds.
I mentioned last week that my mom spammed my inbox with all sorts of uses for pumpkin. Some of them were fun, some of them were really, really interesting. There's one use in particular that I've never heard or thought of! In honor of that, I've decided to dedicate this entire week to the greatness of PUMPKIN! So, Pumpkin-fest part one begins today with a fun mask from Bethenny Frankel. Not that I endorse her, but this mask is really great. It also is very edible and delicious ;) Here is the recipe...

2 cups canned pumpkin
4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
4 tablespoons honey
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Combine ingredients, smooth on face, relax for 10 minutes and then rinse off! This recipe should make enough for a few applications, so do this with a few friends or store the rest in an airtight container in the fridge for a week at the most.

I've spoken to the benefits of honey, it's a natural antiseptic and is wonderfully moisturizing. Yogurt contains zinc, which is an anti-inflammatory and pumpkin is FULL of incredible antioxidants and vitamins. Frankel says this mask is wonderful for wrinkles, though I haven't used it nearly long enough to either validate or refute that claim.

We have a SLEW of pumpkin-goodness on the docket for this week, but if you need a little something extra *right now*, check out this recipe for homemade pumpkin apple butter. It's amazing! Check back tomorrow for the next part of Pumpkin-fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)