Sunday, December 25, 2011

'Joyeux Noel'

Just a very quick note to say ''many wishes for a very Merry Christmas to you and yours from 'la vie'."
I hope today finds you warm and surrounded by those who love you and who you love best. And I pray that you can see through the presents and relax from all the hustle to remember that Christmas is entirely about sacrificial love. 
I met a woman on Christmas Eve who was shopping for some pajamas. She said she lost her mother this year to a 13 year battle with cancer. The tradition was for her mother to buy her a pair of Christmas pajamas each year (as my mother does) and she wanted to carry it on. We had a wonderful conversation, hugged and parted as friends. Enjoy and savor every moment with your family and friends today. They are the biggest blessing you'll get on Earth. No new toy or gadget can ever replace the joy or depth of relationships. I know you know this, but Charlie Brown was right, it is so easy to forget in the midst of the Christmas rush and busyness (*ahem* commercialization...).
Many blessings to you and yours. Thank you so much for being part of something I love so much. Merry, Merry Christmas. -auna
"The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)