Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year + Adventures!

I am so excited for 2012.
2011 was a brutal year, with the loss of two grandfathers as well as several difficult transitions. There were definitely bright spots, my darling niece, Lilah, joined us this year and my beloved cousin, Kimberly, moved back to Michigan. She hasn't lived here in years. Overall, though, it isn't a year I'd necessarily repeat.
2012 seems so full of promise, new beginnings are less rocky now and life is beginning to hit a stride. Personally, I feel like huge things are on the horizon and there are great changes and dreams being born in my heart. For 'la vie' there is a fount of inspiration. 
This year, I start my third year of marriage to the most incredible man in the world and the greatest gift God has given me.
This year I will see a dream fulfilled as I dance on stage as a ballerina.
This year I will begin a new career.
This year I will grow as a person, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, an aunt, an artist, a blogger and a follower of God. 
This year I will use my talents and gifts in a greater, more fulfilling way.
This year I will take an adventure with my spouse, like never before.
This year my very best friend will give birth to a gorgeous baby girl.
Hubs + Dad + Sister
This year is going to be beautiful and wonderful and loving and inspired.
It sounds pretty good to me. I can hardly wait. 
John and I are en route back to Michigan after visiting his parents for Christmas. His sister and her two boys came as well, so we had a great time hanging out with the boys (6 and 10) as well as his sister & parents. Lots of laughter, lots of love. However, it means that there won't be a project today because... I'm in the car :) Let me tell you about some wonderful things we're planning this week...
John's Momma
1. An extremely fun pair of mittens... easy to make and warm to wear! Anyone can do these, I promise.
2. An art technique to spice up your walls. You can do it with something you create OR add it to an already finished painting.
3. TBD... I want to do a certain blog, but I'm not sure it can be finished in time :/
4. Gluten-free cupcakes anyone? My awesome mom and sister got me cupcake pans that are bird safe! Finally!
Joshua + John
I hope your year is going well so far. I can only imagine the incredible things in store so far. We've really loved 2012. It has been full of family and blessings. Ps- John's sister introduced us to the greatest game. It's called hedbanz and it's something like 20 questions. Everyone has "something" put on a headband over his/her head. The person asks questions to try and figure out the word on his/her headband. It's hilarious. Also, let's talk about how John told his mom that her item was edible... she had "bikini" ... probably my favorite moment. He may never live that down. 
Best wishes, again, for this year. I am so looking forward to sharing it with you. As always, thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)