Sunday, January 29, 2012

Inspiration + 'la vie' this Week

I hope you're having a brilliant Sunday. I was supposed to post this yesterday... but I forgot! I've been wanting to show you a few pieces I'm working on right now as well as some serious inspiration. Plus, at the end I'll tell you about our theme week!
First up is the gorgeous chair, which is the featured picture. Isn't it incredible? I got it for $4.50, which is such a steal. I've been looking for something like it for a very, very long time and it finally turned up! I don't want to say too much about it since I'll devote another post to it in the future, but I had to show you. The color is perfect for our living room and I desperately want the chair to stay there, but unfortunately it isn't in good enough shape. It *has* be to reupholstered. Depending on what fabric I find, it will end up either in our front room or the library. 
The second restoration project is a mirror found at the antique store that Meghan from Split The Lark and I visited for our guest blogging spot. It's definitely in need of some serious love, but I can't wait to show you the finished project. I have HUGE plans for this mirror!
Now on to some inspiration.

How many of you read "Madeline" as a child? I absolutely love her. She's at school in France (appeals to my French side), everything is done in two straight lines and even numbers (a nod to my OCD side), she's spunky and a trouble-maker (calls to my wild side... which doesn't much exist...) and of course, the illustrations are gorgeous. That's the part which has been inspiring me so much lately. I absolutely love the drawings and the style. My SIL gave me two canvases as part of my Christmas present this year and I believe they're both going to be transformed into Madeline-inspired paintings for our bathroom. We're working on a project (for this week, actually) to transform our bathroom and I think these paintings would be the perfect addition! I haven't decided if they should be Madeline replicas (which would be better suited in the library) or just inspired stylistically. 
Lastly, I want to share what's coming this week!! You may remember that in the fall we did an entire Pumpkin Fest- a week all about how to use PUMPKIN! From beauty treatments to lattes, it was a fun time. I'd like to do another theme this week, and this one will be even better. Why, you ask? Because it will be MUCH more girly. The theme? Ruffles. We're calling it "Ruffle Your Feathers" week and each day will bring you something new and ruffly. I'm adding a little ruffled coin purse into tomorrow's clutch just to make it fit ;) Generally when I do a preview, I tell you what each day will be, but I'm so excited about this week that I want each day to be a surprise. 
All I can tell you is that you *really* should check in every day next week. Especially tomorrow.
And Tuesday.
Today is snowy and cold where we are, but we're quite snug in our little home. I hope you're feeling the same way as well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and as always... thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)