Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Self Photo Challenge- The Paper Mama


Linking up with The Paper Mama for her Self Photo Challenge!

One of my favorite bloggers, Chelsey, from The Paper Mama (see link above) challenged her readers who have blogs to do an entire post about themselves and include photos. Especially self portraits. She said it's good for our readers to see us, and that we need to let them. 
I often post pictures of myself here, since someone has to be wearing the scarf or sweater or whatever has been recently created and it clearly isn't going to be John! However, I only have one self portrait posted, and it's in our "who we are" section. Hm. She said we could use an old picture, which I did. I chose this one because a) it's 7 am and I don't want to take another one *right now* and b) I like it. I took it on a very important and empowering day. It makes me laugh to think how hopeful I look in the middle of such sad circumstances... and in the end I was right to have hope. All ended well. 
I'm also including my latest self portrait at the bottom of the post. It's me in my ballet studio, which I love and want to do a full post about eventually. I didn't make it the actual submission because seeing our face was part of the challenge, and my face is entirely covered by my camera. But ballet is one of my dreams and my most favorite things, so it seemed appropriate to include this picture. 
So, here we are! She also gave us a little template to answer about ourselves... so read on, baby! Read and learn!

Obsessing over…
Too much?? Right now I'm really inspired by the illustrations in the Madeline series. I've been reading them like crazy and recently picked up "Mad about Madeline", which has the entire collection! The imagery is incredible.
Working on…
A few restorations in addition to my normal DIY fare. I have a gorgeous chair that I got for $4.50 as well as a vintage mirror. Both are in less than ideal condition, but have massive potential for beauty. One of my favorite things in life is taking something old, discarded and generally thought of as worthless and transforming it into something so valuable and beautiful. It speaks to me.
Thinking about…
My sweet, sweet husband. He occupies the vast majority of my thoughts. Also thinking about my post for today. I absolutely LOVE it and I can't wait to share it with you. 
Anticipating…
Great things this year! I think this is going to be a very shaping year for us. We've both left our jobs to pursue something entirely new, our dreams. 
Listening to…
Only the sound of cars moving back & forth on the highway. It's very quiet, dark and still here at seven am in January. Even little Odette hasn't begun to fill our home with little chirps yet. 
Eating…
Nothing- which is saying quite a bit. Generally there is always something to be snacked on! Breakfast is next, which will be cinnamon chex (gluten free, of course).
Wishing…
Wishing I could see my friends overseas. I haven't seen them in such a long time and sometimes my heart literally aches. Relationships are the most important part of living.

Thanks so much for reading, and thank you so much for being part of our lives. We LOVE 'la vie' and I hope you do, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)