Monday, November 5, 2012

Julep Nail Color- A Deal

I've written before about natural (not really, but they claim to be) nail polish. The two brands I favor are ZOYA and JULEP.
I wrote about about ZOYA before when they had a nice deal going and now it's JULEP's turn. Please understand that *this is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own*, though I am part of their rewards program, which recently became a million times better and that's what I want to share with you today (*ahem* coupon below!).
Julep is my favorite nail polish. It's made without the 4 biggest toxins, but it goes on so beautifully. I absolutely love the colors, and I love the durability. In fact, I brushed on two coats of my favorite color, Sienna, plus one top coat the day before we left for Europe.(that top coat is key)
And here are my nails mid-way through the trip (5 days)
And here they are the day after we came home (12 days)
WOW! Can you believe how long they held up? If I had chosen to redo them, only my index fingers would have needed any touching up. All others looked awesome still, not a speck of chipping! My nails do grow super fast, so there was a gap between my cuticle and the color, but that's hardly something the polish can control.
My only complaint with Julep is the price tag. It's about twice as expensive as Zoya for half the amount of product. But the ease of application and general quality of the product definitely makes up for that. Plus, they recently revamped their rewards program and it's a million times better. Being a 'Maven' means that every month you can choose between 6 different 'Maven boxes' to purchase. Each box usually contains 2 shades of nail polish + a product, but I've seen as many as 6 bottles of polish in the box. The boxes are $19.99 and there is no charge for shipping. You can also add on bottles of color for $4.99. Like most reward programs, you can choose to skip each or every month! I definitely don't order my box every month- I really don't need that much product- but I have ordered about 3 since becoming a Maven and have been very happy with each one.
This is a shade from my latest box called Nora. It's a purple/blue/grey shimmer that is somehow matte. It came with a matte khaki green shimmer called Hailee and then an awesome top coat that turns any regular shade of polish into a matte polish. 
If you're interested in learning more about the Maven program with Julep- use THIS LINK. When you use my link I earn Jules and you can get your first box for half off. Be sure to add the code "MAVEN50" at checkout. Ahh! I was excited when I saw that and wanted to share it with you, in case you've been interested in trying their polish but don't want to pay a ton of money.
That's all for today! I hope your weekend was excellent. Mine was fantastic! All the best and as always, thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. I noticed the website had an incentive if you had friends sign up for the Maven program. Are there any instructions that we can use to give you the bonus if we sign up? I'd be happy to mention you if I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I mentioned at the top that it isn't a sponsored post but i AM participating in the rewards program, so points always rock- though I was more excited about getting this (high quality but expensive) polish out for a discounted price. Thankfully, just using my link is all you need to do! It automatically gives you 50% off (going to the site without my link will cause the boxes to be full price). Thank you SO much for thinking of that, tho! Gotta love the camaraderie :)

      Delete
    2. Ok, I missed the fact that the box was half off because of using your link. Gotcha! Thanks! ;)

      Delete
    3. That is the BEST part!!!! If you end up ordering, let me know what colors you get and if you like them. My nail polish obsession is off the charts ever since finding Zoya + Julep.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! Thanks for the info. I took advantage of the Zoya deal a while back, and it was awesome! I already signed up for the Maven program a few months ago, but haven't ordered yet. I think I'll sign up again with a different email to get the 50% off and give you the points. It's fun to get stuff like this in the mail every month or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (LOVE your photo!!!) I'm SO glad you liked Zoya. I really like both brands for different reasons. Zoya gives you a HUGE bottle for a great price + lots of incentives. Julep is the best polish *ever* but it is too expensive (i find, anyway) to buy outside of a rewards program. You will really like it. Let me know what color(s) you get! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. I used your link, and it's not giving me half off. I tried twice :(

      Delete
    3. Oh Karen... I am so sorry. Apparently I get *so* excited over these stinking emails that I immediately share without reading the whole thing! I went back and double checked, you need to add the code "MAVEN50" at checkout. I think they should just make it automatic (which is honestly how I read it in the email), so I'm going to give them some feedback and suggest that today! SO sorry about that, let me know how it works out!

      Delete
    4. Great, it worked! I got the "Classic With a Twist" intro box. Can't wait! Thanks again, I would not have purchased without a coupon.

      Delete
    5. Phew!! Glad it worked finally :) :) I had a facebook fan weigh in who uses Julep- she agreed and said it just doesn't come off until you take it off! And good choice- Sophie is an awesome shade!

      Delete
  3. I received my box today! That was so fast, even with the holiday! I will say that Sophie looks how it did on my screen, a dark taupe-y color. Jodie doesn't look a think like it did on my computer screen. I thought it was a lighter rose with gold shimmer, but it's a darker rose with the gold shimmer. Still pretty. My box came with two pots of nail glitters as a bonus. I'm very happy with the deal, everyone should do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monitor variances are definitely the issue when buying polish online :/ I'm glad you loved the box still, though! Have you tried the colors? Use your jules as soon as you've earned enough to get a free topcoat (or buy one if you feel like it!), because that insanely good topcoat is really key in making that color last *forever*! Hurrah!

      Delete

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)