(1) Seam rip it. Flip the pants inside out and begin removing the seam, starting at the crotch and working your way down one leg and then the other. Resist the urge to actually RIP the seam. I made a huge tear in my pants.
(2) Cut it. Trim down the length of the pant so that you have less fabric to work with. Don't forget to save the legs for something else! Remember to leave plenty of room for seam allowance. Also, you'll need to make it look like a skirt, that means cutting down the crotch and booty. I tried to show before and after pictures. Basically, you're cutting of the excess and blending it into the other lines of the pant. The pants are show inside out and folded sideways, so the same down the middle is actually the side of the pants, not the front or back.
(3) Pin it. Pin the legs together down the front and back seam. You'll notice that toward the bottom on the back seam, I created a vent so there would be room to move. I just made a little V by folding the fabric back on top of itself on each side.
(4) Hem it. Hem down each of the sides and then try it on. See how long you want it to be and cut/pin accordingly. I needed mine about 4 inches shorter. I folded the edge over twice to make it really nice and then hemmed it.
(5) Adjust it. Try it on one last time and make sure you love everything. I ended up tapering the sides of mine a little bit more because it was too loose. Done!
Today is the end of my fantastic giveaway, and that means that when the winners are announced (Thursday) a new giveaway will start! I'm trying to think of what to give away this month, but I would LOVE some input. The rules are pretty simple, all you have to do is LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE in order to be automatically entered each month. The facebook page is new and coincides with the new look of 'la vie'. I would love to get everyone connecting over there since comments can be unreliable on blogger. The facebook page is a great way to see what else has been done on la vie as well as ask questions, make suggestions and keep current with the blog of the day. Plus, who doesn't like a chance to win something each month??
That's it for me today! I hope your Tuesday is fantastic! My goal for today is to finish writing the rest of the week entirely. We'll see if that actually happens ;) If you don't get a post from me tomorrow, you can safely assume that I didn't
accomplish my goal! All the best, and as always, thanks for reading! Pin It
This project is free for personal use is not to be distributed/republished without my consent. If this inspires a project for your own blog, that is awesome! But please remember to link back to my original post. Please do not copy this text, use the images or steal this idea for any publications. Thanks for promoting the freedom to INSPIRE!