Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Peanut Butter ATTACK Cookies!

I don't know what else to call these delicious treats!
A couple of week ago John really wanted cookies, so I decided to blend together a lot of his favorite sweets to create a monster cookie for him, and it was pretty fantastic! They're easy to make and really good, so clearly they should be shared with la vie readers.
You'll need...
1 package of peanut butter cookie dough + the required ingredients (we used Betty Crocker)
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of coconut (finely shredded)
1 cup of pretzel pieces, chopped




Mix up your dough, we subbed out the required oil for coconut oil to give it another boost of coconut goodness. Once your dough is ready, mix in the chocolate chips, coconut and pretzel pieces. Bake the required amount of time! They do better if you push them down with a fork instead of leaving them in rolled balls, if you leave them in a sphere the center won't bake evenly.
John ate nine (9!!!) cookies within the first 10 minutes. I couldn't believe it! The first batch that went in the oven came out about 2 minutes before the second, and they were much better. The second batch was a little burned, I definitely recommend checking these as they're so much more delicious a little under baked rather than over.
Anyway, I have a few projects to show you. A DIY ballet barre + BBC America themed wedding gifts, but both need a little pizazz and aren't ready (still!).
Stay tuned :)
All the best and as always, thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. These look great. I don't use mixes though, so I think I'll try your additions on my Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good- that's really great! I try not to use mixes, but sometimes... laziness happens :/ More often these days it seems.

      Delete

I love reading + responding to comments! Keep in mind that comments are moderated and spam will never be approved :)